Steps Involved in Website migration
- Check if the required website features are compatible with the new web hosting provider.
- Schedule the website migration process during low traffic period.
- Decide on the deadline for all content updates and no changes to be made in the content after the deadline until the migration process is complete.
- Display a “Under Maintenance” banner on the home page.
- Take a backup of the entire content of the website to ensure that content, images, files, databases are safe.
- Set the new web hosting info like hostname, Secure FTP account username, and the account password
- Upload all the files and images to the root directory or the folder in which you wish to redirect the site
- Set the new database in the new host by logging in the cpanel or the new hosting account
- Import database from the backup.
- Set the new config files correctly.
- Test the new website through a dedicated IP address or on shared hosting with subdomain provided by new web host.
- Check the forms on the website on the new web host.
- After successful testing of the website for all links and forms , change the domain name servers (DNS) to the new web host by replacing the old nameserver addresses with the new addresses.
- Cancel the old hosting account.
- Make the we site live in the new host.
We also offer to upgrade websites that are built using open source technologies like Joomla, Drupal, OsCommerce, Zen Cart, Magento etc to their latest versions.